Updated Jul 4, 2019Chatelaine
1. Have 2 rimmed baking sheets ready. Place 4 serving bowls in the freezer.
2. Whirl blueberries with sweetened condensed milk and yogurt in a food processor, scraping down side as needed, until very smooth, about 2 min. Transfer to a large bowl and whisk in cream until smooth. 3. Pour half of blueberry mixture onto centre of 1 baking sheet. Do not spread to cover baking sheet. (You will need space around this puddle to scrape into rolls.) Carefully transfer to a at surface in the freezer. Freeze until firm to the touch, about 1 hr. Repeat with second baking sheet. Chill a straight-edged stainless steel spatula or bench scrape in the freezer for at least 15 min before rolling.
4. Remove baking sheet from freezer and place on a tea towel to prevent shifting. Set long side of baking sheet closest to you. Place the edge of the chilled spatula on the baking sheet, just under where the puddle starts. Push the spatula across the width to create a roll. Quickly repeat until all the frozen yogurt is rolled. Use tongs to transfer rolls to chilled serving bowls and serve immediately. (If spatula starts to slide under the frozen yogurt without rolling, refreeze the yogurt.)
Straight-edged spatulas work best. Rolls may crack if a curved spatula is used.
Look for yogurt with at least 9% fat. Any less, and your rolls may be prone to more cracking.
Try this with other frozen fruits, such as mangoes and peaches.
On A Roll
1. Position a straight-edged stainless steel spatula at a 45-degree angle on the long side of the baking sheet and push.
2. You may need to use your fingers to start the curl.
3. Quickly push the spatula across the width of the sheet to create a roll. (If it doesn’t curl easily, freeze the yogurt a bit longer.)