Mulled White WineBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
This warming, festive drink is not only pretty, with its star anise garnish, but will leave your house fragrant, too.
- 1 1-L carton 100% apple juice
- 3 clementines , sliced into 1/4-in.-thick rounds or half moons
- 6 cinnamon sticks
- 4 star anise
- 1 tbsp whole cloves
- 1 750-ml bottle pinot grigio
- 1 cup clementine , juice (optional)
- Heat apple juice with clementines, cinnamon sticks, star anise and cloves in a pot over medium-low for 30 min. Stir in wine and clementine juice. Divide among mugs.
Add the optional clementine juice if you prefer your mulled wine sweeter.
Substitute pinot grigio and apple juice with 7 cups apple cider to make a mulled apple cider.