Alcohol-Free Rose Garden CocktailBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
This fresh and vibrant lowball is a great antidote to the mid-winter blues. It combines the floral notes of Ceder’s Pink Rose faux gin with honey and bright pink grapefruit, which, like all citrus, is at its peak in winter.—Christine Sismondo
- 1 small slice lemon peel
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 oz honey syrup , (recipe below)
- 2 oz Ceder’s Pink Rose Distilled Non-Alcoholic Spirit , (see note below)
- 1 oz freshly squeezed pink grapefruit juice
- 2 oz soda water
- dehydrated orange slice , for garnish (instructions below)
- In a rocks glass, gently muddle together lemon peel, 1 sprig thyme and honey syrup to coax out the citrus oils. Add Ceder’s and grapefruit juice and stir together, ensuring all honey syrup is incorporated in mixture. Add 1 oversized “king” ice cube (or several regular-sized cubes) and top with soda water. Stir again briefly. Garnish with remaining sprig of thyme and dehydrated orange wheel.
Heat one part honey with one part water in a saucepan set over low. When honey is fully incorporated into water, remove from heat. Let cool, and then refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.
Ceder’s Pink Rose Distilled Non-Alcoholic Spirit
Don’t have Ceder’s on hand? Almost any non-alcoholic spirit will work.
Dehydrated orange wheel
Preheat oven to 250F. Slice an orange and arrange slices on baking sheet. Bake, flipping once, for 2 to 3 hours.