Is your usual routine of spray cleaners and paper towel just not working? Here are five great alternatives for streak-free, crystal-clear windows:
1. Start with good old soap and water.
To break down any built-up film on really dirty windows, a good scrub with a simple mixture of water and dish soap is your best first step.
2. Or try adding a dash of basic dishwashing detergent to your water-and-vinegar solution.
While vinegar is a popular alternative to harsher chemicals, many people find that it can leave windows with streak marks. To solve this, add a half-teaspoon of dishwashing detergent to a mix of two cups of water and a quarter-cup of vinegar. For squeaky clean results, the less suds the better.
3. The best way to wash windows is to start at the top and work your way downwards in an ‘S’ pattern.
Wipe off any excess water with a squeegee or a microfibre cloth.
4. Wash your windows on an overcast day.
Direct sunlight can often dry the windows too quickly, resulting in streaks on the glass.
5. Wash your windows twice a year.
This will ensure your home is always looking its best.