When every square inch counts in your quest to quash clutter, don’t overlook door space. Here’s how to make the most of it.
1. Bedroom door storage hacks
- Add a series of small hooks down the centre of the door to hang purses.
- Install a towel rack for scarves, ties and belts.
- Affix a small pegboard for necklaces.
2. Front hall door storage hacks
- Store gloves, hats and shoes in an over-the-door pocket organizer.
- Screw in a small hook to hang a dog leash.
- Install a mail organizer to sort letters and bills in one easy-to-find place.
3. Kitchen cupboard door storage hacks
- Use a magnetic whiteboard to keep track of pantry essentials.
- Install a rail to hold pot lids.
- Attach a magazine holder to store boxes of foil and parchment paper.
4. Broom closet door storage hacks
- Add a rack to store cleaning supplies.
- Hang a mesh trash can to stash your rolls of wrapping paper (keep it in place by tacking elasticized ribbon to the door).