- SAUCE: Stir vinegar, gochujang and sugar in a medium bowl until combined. Add cucumbers, carrots, sesame seeds and green onion, and toss until well coated. Set aside.
- PATTIES: Mix beef with onion, gochujang, soy, sugar, egg, sesame seeds and garlic in a bowl until combined. Divide into 4 portions and shape into 4-in.-wide patties.
- PREHEAT barbecue to medium. Oil grill and barbecue burgers, lid closed, 3 min. Flip burgers. Continue grilling, lid closed, until burgers are cooked through, 3 more min.
- HEAT oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium. Crack in eggs, 1 at a time. Cook for 2 to 3 min.
- TO serve, top each burger with cucumber salad and a fried egg. Sprinkle with more sesame seeds. Serve remaining salad with homemade burgers.
Kitchen Tip: Gochujang is a fermented Korean hot-pepper paste found in Korean or Asian grocery stores and in large supermarket chains
Kitchen Tip: Toasted sesame seeds are a staple in Korean cooking and are sold in shakers in Korean or Asian grocery stores.
Chatelaine Quickies: Cheesy camp burgers