Six tips to remember when dressing up your lips
1. Create a subtle, polished look with a nude that’s two shades pinker or peachier than your own skin tone.
2. Keep in mind: Some formulas look bright in the tube but go on quite sheer.
3. Bold hues work best and last longer when paired with a lipliner. Fill in your entire lip with liner, then finish with lipstick.
4. To add fullness to your pout, apply a coat of gloss over your lipstick.
5. Crimsons will take your look from day to night. Go with a matte formula for long-lasting colour that won’t kiss off.
6. If you love bright tones and want the look of a soft stained lip, apply balm first, then use your fingers to pat on the colour.
Sheer Revolution Lipstick in Sheer Walk of Shame, $26, Urban Decay.
K.I.S.S.I.N.G Lipstick in Bitch Perfect, $38, Charlotte Tilbury.
Rouge Baume in Milly, $37, Dior.
Crème Smooth Lip Colour in Praline Cream, $32, Laura Mercier.
Marc Jacobs Beauty New Nudes Sheer Lip Gel in Strange Magic, $38, Sephora.
Be Legendary Lipstick in Fireball Matte, $23, Smashbox.
Shine Lover lipstick in 136, $32, Lancôme.
Colorlicious Lipstick in Sweet Tangerine, $11, CoverGirl.
Tom Ford Lipstick in Flame, $55, Holt Renfrew.
Pure Color Envy Shine Sculpting Lipstick in Passionate, $34, Estée Lauder.
Moisture Renew Lipstick in Berry Rose, $8, Rimmel London.
Beauté Extra Rich Lipstick in 112, $52, Clé De Peau.
Smart Shade Butter Kiss Lipstick in red-medium, $10, Almay.
Rouge Allure Velvet Lipstick in La Romanesque, $42, Chanel.
Rouge Automatique Lipstick in 662, $41, Guerlain.
Color Sensational Rebel Bloom Lipstick in Hibiscus Pop, $10, Maybelline New York.
Pop Balm in Wild Lily, $10, L’Oréal Paris.
Be Legendary Lipstick in Magenta Matte, $23, Smashbox.
Audacious Lipstick in Rita, $37, Nars.
Pop Lip Colour + Primer in Cherry Pop, $21, Clinique.
Ultra HD Lipstick in Gladiolus, $12, Revlon.
Le Rouge Lipstick in Magnolia Organza, $40, Givenchy.
KissKiss Shaping Cream Lip Colour in Rouge Kiss, $41, Guerlain.
Get the perfect red lip