1. Can you wear hose with crop pants?
A: Wearing hose underneath pants is never a good idea. I would suggest buying a pair of booties to wear with cropped pants.
2. Should you wear socks with a crop pant? If so, what kind of socks and shoes are best?
A: Flat shoes like lace-up brogues look great with a short pair of ankle socks and cropped pants. Keep in mind, the man-style trend looks best when you mix ultra-feminine touches in…sometimes beachy hair and a bold lip is all the accessory you need.
3. Is wearing white after Labour Day okay? Should I put away the crisp white shirts and wear off-white and cream instead?
A: I love creams in the fall. You don’t have to put away your white dress shirt – that’s a season-less staple. If you love to wear white jeans in the summer, look into buying a pair of white wool pants for winter with a wider leg.
4. How long should your coat length be compared to your skirt?
A: A midi skirt (just past your knee) should be worn with either a cropped coat (just above your waist line) or a long coat that meets the hem of your skirt. With a mini skirt, you can pretty much wear any coat length.
5. Can you wear denim pants to work?
A: Yes! Dark, crisp denim looks much better than saggy, tired khakis.
6. How do you properly cuff jeans – small or large cuffs, to the ankle or higher, or not at all?
A: The trick is to make sure you choose a straight leg or skinny jean. Don’t ever cuff a boot-cut jean. I like a one fold cuff, just above the ankle so that the hemline is still visible. A one-inch cuff is best.
7. Can you wear navy and black? If so, how?
A: Black and navy look amazing together if done right. Choose a dark navy with a rich tone and make sure the black isn’t the same material (i.e. navy wool with black satin).
8. What’s the one must-have accessory for this fall?
A: A conversation clutch! A bold clutch in a crazy pattern or great colour.
9. As a work-at-home mom, I tend to slide into yoga pants, which makes me feel sloppy. I want to look put together when I step out into the world.What staples would you recommend for an on-the-go working mom who spends as much time on the computer with clients as she does on the floor with a baby?
Nothing is cooler right now than mixing some athletic touches into your wardrobe. Find a great pair of runners such as Nike, New Balance or Lacoste. And try a nice stretch denim or four-pocket legging. A boxy knit is a cute replacement for a t-shirt or sweatshirt.
10. Can you recommend five staples that I should purchase for my winter wardrobe?
Here are five must-haves: Black patent pumps, tweed pencil skirt, crisp white button-up, top handle bag (something ladylike) and a great pair of sunglasses.