In partnership with Western Family
PREP TIME 15 min
TOTAL TIME 20 min
- 2 to 3 tsp Western Family garlic paste
- 4 cups packed Western Family basil leaves , (about 2 small bunches)
- 1/2 cup toasted Western Family slivered almonds
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup Western Family olive oil
- 680 g green beans , ends trimmed
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
DROP garlic through spout of a food processor while it’s running. Add basil, almonds, parmesan, lemon juice and salt. Pulse until finely chopped. With motor still running, slowly add oil, pausing after every couple of tbsp to scrape down side with a spatula.
BRING a large pot of water to a boil. Add green beans and cook until tender-crisp, 3 to 4 min. Drain, then return beans to pot. Add pesto; stir to coat. Transfer to a serving dish. Sprinkle with lemon zest.
Nutrition (per serving)
Calories 179, Protein 4 g, Carbohydrates 7 g, Fat 16 g, Fibre 2 g, Sodium 247 mg.
Kitchen Tip: Pesto can be made 2 days ahead.