1. Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice cubes. Add 1 oz brandy and 1/2 cup apple juice. Cover and shake vigorously until very cold.
2. Strain into 2 champagne glasses. Add 2 tbsp soda water to each. Garnish with thin slices of apple.
Lemony mushroom and herb crostini
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Toast 12 1/4-in.-thick baguette rounds in centre of oven, 5 to 6 min.
2. Melt 1 tbsp butter in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high. Add 1 chopped shallot and a 227-g pkg sliced mixed mushrooms. Cook until mushrooms are soft and liquid evaporates, 3 min. Add 1 tbsp lemon zest and 1/4 cup chopped parsley.
3. Spread each toast with 2 tsp of Boursin herbed cheese. Top with mushroom mixture.