Bring on spring! Main course salads have never been more popular, and we couldn’t be happier. Our powerhouse jumble of fresh ingredients isn’t just packed with nutrition, it’s delicious, impressive and (of course!) super easy.
This is a healthy challenge for those of us looking to spring-clean our diets, and the perfect way to add a big boost of veggies to our day. Already made dinner plans? Make it for lunch tomorrow, and watch your coworkers go green with salad-envy.
But wait, there’s more. Now the Chatelaine Cooking Club comes with prizing!
The winner with the best photo, as chosen by our kitchen, will win a Kashi prize pack, yay!
Click here for the contest rules and regulations.
- 5 boxes of Kashi Organic Promise Simply Maize cereal
- 5 boxes of Kashi Organic Promise Indigo Morning cereal
- 5 boxes of Kashi Nutty Chia Flax Multigrain cereal
- 1 box of Kashi Chia Granola Bars in Cranberry Lemon flavour
- 1 box of Kashi Chia Granola Bars in Dark Chocolate, Almond & Sea Salt flavour
- 2 oranges
- 1 red or pink grapefruit
- 6 small roasted red or yellow beets, peeled
- 6 cups packed greens, such as baby spinach, baby kale or beet greens
- 1 pint multi-coloured cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 red onion, sliced into thin rings (optional)
- 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 100 g feta, sliced
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar or white-wine vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/4 salt
- SLICE peel from top and bottom of oranges and grapefruit. Cut off and discard remaining peel, including white pith, so flesh is showing. Cut citrus into thin slices. Cut beets into halves, quarters or slices. Layer or toss citrus slices and beets with greens, tomatoes and onion. Top with almonds, feta and dill.
- WHISK orange juice with oil, champagne vinegar, Dijon, honey and salt in a small bowl. Drizzle over salad.
How to post your pic?
Once you have your photo, you can post it one of four ways (make sure you’re not on a private setting):
- Follow us on Instagram, then post your photo using @ChatelaineKitchen
- Follow us on Twitter, then tweet us your photo with the hashtag #ChatelaineKitchen
- Like us on Facebook, then message us your photo
- Email us your picture at email@example.com
Get your photos posted by Thursday, April 17 at noon to be considered for the club’s gallery the following day, which will be featured with the following week’s recipe.