In partnership with Casa Mendosa
BBQ Chicken Tostadas
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 anchovy fillet
- 1/4 cup capers, drained
- lime zest, from 1 lime
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 whole canned tomatillos
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped, packed flat-leaf parsley
- 1 1/4 cup chopped packed cilantro
- 6 inch flour tortillas
- 1 whole sliced BBQ (or rotisserie) chicken
- thinly sliced fresh chilies
- chopped fresh cilantro to garnish
- lime wedges
To make Mexican Salsa Verde:
- WHIRL garlic in a food processor until finely chopped. Add anchovy, capers, lime zest and lime juice.
- PULSE in olive oil just until combined. Add tomatillos, parsley and cilantro. Pulse just until slightly chunky, but not pureed. Use immediately or refrigerate in a sealed jar for up to 2 weeks.
To make BBQ Chicken Tostadas:
- TOAST 6-in. flour tortillas in a non-stick pan until brown and crispy on both sides, 1 to 2 min per side.
- TOP each tortilla with 1/2 cup sliced BBQ chicken, then sprinkle with thinly sliced fresh chilies, chopped cilantro and a squeeze of fresh lime (to taste). Drizzle with Mexican Salsa Verde.