Terrific Thai burgers
This article has not been rated yet.
- 500 g medium or lean ground beef , pork or chicken
- 3 tbsp bottled peanut sauce
- 2 green onions , thinly sliced
- 2 tsp bottled minced or grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Lightly oil grill and heat barbecue to medium-high. Crumble beef into a large bowl. Add peanut sauce, onions, ginger, salt and pepper. Using a fork or your hands, gently mix together (too much mixing toughens meat). Shape into 4 burgers, each about 1 inch (2 cm) thick. Using your thumb, make a shallow depression in centre of each. This helps to ensure even cooking and prevents patties from puffing up in the centre during grilling. Place burgers on grill. Barbecue with lid closed until burgers are cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes per side.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 21.8 g,
- 2.4 g,
- 13.4 g,
- 0.5 g,
- 246 mg.