This is our fast-fix version of the popular Chinese lemon chicken. We’ve zipped it up with a sweet pepper and a little heat from a jalapeño.
Saucy lemon chicken & broccoli
This article has not been rated yet.
* PLUS Cooking time: 7 minutes
- 1 cup chicken broth , or bouillon
- 4 garlic cloves , minced
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tsbp soy
- 1 jalapeno , finely chopped, or 1/2 tsp hot-red-chili-flakes
- 1 lemon
- 1 bunch broccoli
- 1 yellow, orange or red bell pepper
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp butter
- Pour broth into a large bowl. Stir in garlic, cornstarch and soy until cornstarch dissolves. Stir in jalapeño and grate in peel from lemon. Slice broccoli stalks from florets. Cut florets into small chunks. Peel stalks, then thinly slice into rounds. Thinly slice pepper. Thinly slice chicken.
- Melt butter in a large frying pan, preferably non-stick, over medium-high heat. Add chicken. Stir-fry until lightly golden, 3 to 5 minutes. Pour in broth mixture. Using a wooden spoon, scrape up and stir in any brown bits. Add broccoli and pepper. Stir often until broccoli is done as you like, 4 to 6 minutes. Cut lemon in half and squeeze juice from 1 half overtop. Taste and add more lemon, if needed. Excellent over steamed rice or toss with hot cooked fettucine.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 27.7 g,
- 14.1 g,
- 5 g,
- 3.4 g,
- 861 mg.