Refrigerator berry pie
This article has not been rated yet.
8 to 10 servings
- 35 small gingersnap cookies
- 1/4 cup butter , melted
- 250-g block cream cheese , at room temperature
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp orange liqueur , or frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 tsp vanilla , or almond extract
- 250-mL container 35% cream , about 1 cup
- 1 pint strawberries , quartered, or a mix of raspberries and blueberries, or 3 cups sliced peaches
- fresh mint sprigs , optional
- Place cookies in a food processor. Pulse until fine crumbs form. Pick out any large chunks that don’t crumble. Crumbs should measure about 2 cups (500 mL). Turn into a large bowl. Using a fork, stir in butter until evenly moist. Press along bottom and up side to the top of a 9-inch (23-cm) pie plate. You can use the same bowl to prepare filling without washing. Cut cream cheese into cubes. Place in bowl with sugar, liqueur and vanilla. Using an electric mixer, beat until smooth. Pour cream into a medium-size bowl. Using the same beaters, beat until soft peaks form when beaters are lifted. Stir one-third of whipped cream into cheese mixture until blended. Using a spatula, gently fold in remaining cream just until evenly mixed. Spread over crust, right to edge. Smooth surface. Arrange fruit over filling and decorate with mint leaves. Refrigerate, loosely covered with plastic wrap, at least 3 hours. If you want to refrigerate overnight, add fruit just before serving. Pie without berries will keep well, covered and refrigerated, 2 days.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 4.1 g,
- 27.9 g,
- 24.8 g,
- 1.3 g,
- 291 mg.