Grilled Vietnamese beef skewers
This article has not been rated yet.
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/3 cup fish sauce
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp hot chili-garlic sauce
- 3 garlic cloves , minced
- 2 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1.5 kg top sirloin ground beef
- 16 skewer
- 2 bell peppers
- Fresh chopped mint or cilantro
- In a large bowl, whisk marinade ingredients. Cut beef into bite-size rectangles, discarding any fat. Stir into marinade. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Stir occasionally.
- When ready to cook, oil grill and heat barbecue to medium-high. If using wooden skewers, soak in water at least 20 min to avoid burning. Cut peppers into squares. Alternately thread beef and peppers onto skewers, and save marinade. Place skewers on grill. Grill with lid closed, turning occasionally and brushing with marinade, for 5 min. Discard remaining marinade. Continue grilling, uncovered, until meat is lightly charred and resists slightly when pressed, 4 to 8 more min. Remove to a platter and sprinkle with mint. Serve with lime wedges. If making ahead, can be warmed in the microwave.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 23 g,
- 4 g,
- 6 g,