Having a slice of this is like eating a triple-chocolate brownie sundae. The candy canes make it smack of Christmas and it’s very refreshing!
Chocolate ice cream candy-cane cake
This article has not been rated yet.
- 450-g pkg fudge brownie mix
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 2-L container chocolate ice cream
- 225 g semi-sweet chocolate , about 8 squares, finely chopped
- 1 cup 35% cream
- 8 candy canes , finely crushed, or 1/2 cup crushed striped mint candies
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Spray a 9-inch (23-cm) springform pan with oil. Place brownie mix in a large bowl. In a small bowl, using a fork, whisk water with oil and egg. Pour over mix. Using a wooden spoon, stir until evenly mixed. Scrape into prepared pan and smooth top. Bake in centre of oven until a cake tester inserted in centre of cake comes out clean, 35 minutes. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- When brownie is almost cool, place ice cream in a large bowl. Cut ice cream into 8 pieces. Let stand at room temperature, occasionally mashing with a wooden spoon, until soft enough to stir, 20 to 30 minutes. Meanwhile, place chocolate squares in a large bowl. Pour cream into a small bowl and microwave on medium until hot, about 3 minutes. Pour over chocolate and whisk until completely melted. Cool to room temperature.
- Stir crushed candy canes into ice cream. Turn over cooled brownie and evenly spread overtop brownie. Smooth top. Freeze until ice cream is very firm, about 1 hour. Then pour chocolate sauce overtop and evenly spread. Freeze until firm, at least 4 hours, preferably overnight (once cooled, cover with plastic wrap). Then overwrap with foil and freeze up to 1 month. Remove ring from springform pan and let stand at room temperature 10 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 6.8 g,
- 74.9 g,
- 32.7 g,
- 2.4 g,
- 200 mg.