Chicken on cilantro ginger noodles
This article has not been rated yet.
* PLUS Cooking time: 8 minutes
When you're craving Asian but want to keep it light, this elegant, veggie-laden dish is the ticket.
1/3 450-g pkg
thin turkey or
- Cook noodles following package directions, from 2 to 3 min. Or soak noodles by separating and placing in a large bowl. Cover completely with boiling water. Let stand until tender, 5 to 10 min. Stir frequently. Add snow peas for the last 2 min of cooking or soaking.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk vinegar with ginger, sesame oil, sugar, Dijon and pinches of salt. Slowly whisk in 2 tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil.
- Cut cucumber in half lengthwise, then thinly slice into half moons. Slice radishes into thin rounds and mango into bite-sized strips. Prepare cilantro. Combine all in a large bowl. Drain noodles and peas and add. Drizzle with ¾ of the dressing and toss to coat.
- Heat remaining 1 tbsp (15 mL) oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Sprinkle chicken with pinches of salt and pepper. Sauté until light golden and springy when pressed, 3 to 4 min per side. Remove to a cutting board and slice into thick strips. Place noodle mixture on plates. Lay chicken on top. Drizzle chicken with remaining dressing. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 23 g,
- 50 g,
- 16 g,
- 4 g,