Romano bean fritters with creamy slawBy Chatelaine
Make Meatless Monday a day to look forward to with easy, flavour-packed recipes. On tonight's menu? Colourful bean fritters with creamy avocado slaw.
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp and 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 4 cups thinly sliced red cabbage
- 2 small avocados , cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas , thawed
- 1 cup canned romano beans , drained and rinsed
- 2 green onions , thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp hot-red-chili-flakes
- WHISK mayonnaise with white vinegar, sugar and 1 tsp fresh thyme in a large bowl. Add red cabbage, avocados and parsley. Toss until well coated.
- STIR all-purpose flour with baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Whisk in water, 1 tbsp canola oil and egg. Stir in green peas, romano beans, green onions, 1 tbsp fresh thyme and hot-red-chili flakes.
- HEAT 1 tbsp canola oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium. Scoop 4 2-tbsp fritters into pan. Cook until fritters are golden brown and cooked through, about 2 min per side. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate. Repeat with another tbsp of oil and remaining batter. Serve warm.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 10 g,
- 35 g,
- 37 g,
- 10 g,
- 469 mg.
- Excellent source of
- Vitamin C