To make ahead, keep grilled corn at room temperature, and dress it just before serving.
Filipino Grilled Corn (Pinoy Elote)By Chatelaine
Corn is a primary crop in the the Philippines, and a huge part of meals. With only 10 minutes of prep time, this side will become a go-to part of summer dinners.
- 1/2 cup coconut , flaked, unsweetened
- 4 ears corn , husks and silk removed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp ponzu , such as Kikkoman
- 3 tbsp cilantro leaves , chopped
- 2 green onion , finely chopped
- lime wedges , optional
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment. Spread coconut in 1 layer. Toast, stirring halfway, until golden, 6 to 8 min.
2. Preheat barbecue to medium-high. Oil grill. Cook corn, turning every 2 min, until slightly charred and bright yellow, 8 to 10 min.
3. Stir mayo and ponzu in a small bowl. Drizzle mix over corn. Sprinkle with coconut, cilantro and onions. Squeeze lime wedge overtop.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 5 g,
- 34 g,
- 26 g,
- 5 g,
- 198 mg.
- Excellent source of