Our Southeast Asian-inspired cooler treats will give you the chills. When better to indulge than at a patio party?
Creamy avocado pops
This article has not been rated yet.
12 frozen pops
* PLUS Freezing Time: 180 minutes
- 2 medium ripe avocados
- 1 1/2 cups milk , preferably 3.25%
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- wooden sticks , and frozen-pops moulds or paper cups
- Peel avocados and discard pits. Coarsely chop. Place in a blender, then add milk, sugar and lime juice. Purée until smooth, about 1 minute. Divide mixture between 12 frozen-pops moulds or 12 (3-oz/90-mL) paper cups. Do not fill to rims since mixture expands as it freezes. Insert sticks. If using cups, cover with foil, then insert sticks. Freeze at least 3 hours or up to 1 week. To serve, hold base of moulds under hot running water until pops begin to loosen. If using cups, tear off paper. Serve immediately.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 1.5 g,
- 11.6 g,
- 4.8 g,
- 18 mg.