Gluten-free Tip: Try our gluten-free pumpkin cupcakes with just a few simple substitutions.
Pumpkin cupcakes with maple-bacon icing
1 h 45 min
The perfect, seasonal treat. And with maple-bacon icing, need we say more?
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/2 cup butter , melted, then cooled
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 250-g pkg cream cheese , at room temperature
- 1 3/4 cups sifted icing sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter , at room temperature
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 5 slices cooked bacon , finely chopped, divided
- PREHEAT oven to 350F. Lightly spray a 12-cup muffin tin with oil or line with cupcake liners.
- WHISK flour, baking powder, baking soda and spices in a medium bowl. Whisk eggs with brown sugar, pumpkin, butter and vanilla in a large bowl. Gradually whisk flour mixture into egg mixture until evenly mixed. Mixture will be thick. Spoon into prepared pan. Bake in centre of preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into centre of a cupcake comes out clean, 20 to 25 min.
- BEAT cream cheese with icing sugar, butter and maple syrup until evenly mixed and smooth. Stir in 2/3 of the chopped bacon. Refrigerate icing until firm, about 30 min. Spread or pipe icing over cooled cupcakes. Garnish with remaining bacon.
Chatelaine Cocktails: Warm pumpkin-pie cocktail
Nutrition (per serving)
- 5 g,
- 50 g,
- 17 g,
- 1 g,
- 268 mg.