Sweet and spicy chicken stir-fryBy Chatelaine
Ready in 15 minutes! This one-dish wonder is under 200 calories and full of flavour. The secret ingredient? Red pepper jelly.
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 2 chicken breasts , thinly sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper , thinly sliced
- 1 cup finely chopped pineapple , about 140 g
- 1/4 cup red pepper jelly
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp hot-red-chili-flakes , (optional)
- 1 green onion , thinly sliced
- HEAT a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high. Add oil, then chicken. Stir-fry chicken for 3 to 4 min. Add pepper, pineapple, red pepper jelly, lemon juice, soy and chili flakes. Cook until pepper is tender-crisp, about 2 to 3 more min. Sprinkle with green onion. Serve over rice.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 16 g,
- 23 g,
- 5 g,
- 1 g,
- 347 mg.
Sweet & spicy chicken – pair it with: A bright pinot. Good affordable pinot noir is difficult to find, but this new release crams bushels of ripe strawberry and raspberry flavours into a wallet-friendly bottle. Savour the sweet red-berry character and soft tannins that marry well with the spiciness of the chicken stir-fry. Our pick: Cono Sur Bicicleta Pinot Noir, Chile, $12.