Therese Taylor uses generous splashes of her Dan T’s Inferno hot sauce here.
This article has not been rated yet.
24 skewers and 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) sauce
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion , finely chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves , minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup smooth or crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tbsp hot sauce , such as Dan T's Spiced Cayenne Sauce
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh coriander , optional
- 500 g skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lime juice , or lemon juice, about 1/2 a lime
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 1/8 tsp salt
- pinch of ground cumin , optional
- Heat vegetable oil in a large frying pan set over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, uncovered and stirring often, until golden brown at edges, from 4 to 5 minutes. Add broth, peanut butter and 1 tablespoon hot sauce. Taste and add more hot sauce, if you wish. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered and stirring often, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in coriander. Cool, then serve at room temperature. Or store, covered, in the refrigerator for 1 week.
- Cut chicken into bite-size cubes. Heat olive oil in a large frying pan set over medium-high heat. Add all of chicken. Sauté, stirring often, from 6 to 8 minutes. Meanwhile, stir lime juice with 1 teaspoon hot sauce, salt and cumin. Pour over cooked chicken and stir about 1 minute. Place pieces on skewers. You will need about 24 skewers. Serve with dipping sauce.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 5.6 g,
- 1.2 g,
- 2.2 g,
- 0.3 g,
- 77 mg.