Roadside fish tacos
- 2 cups corn kernels , cut from cooked cobs, or defrosted
- 1 jalapeno , seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 large basa fillets , about 400 g
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp Jalepeno Tabasco sauce
- 6 large corn tortillas
- 3 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- Combine corn with jalapeno in a large non-stick frying pan set over high. Cook, stirring, until vegetables are slightly charred, about 5 min. Transfer to a bowl and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Stir honey with paprika and salt in a small bowl until it forms a paste. Pat fish dry. Return pan to heat over medium-high. Add oil, then fish. Cook for 2 min. Flip, then spread paste over fish. Cover and continue cooking, about 4 more min.
- Stir sour cream with Tabasco. Spread on tortillas. Layer with corn mixture, cut-up pieces of fish and shredded lettuce. Serve warm.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 24 g,
- 57 g,
- 13 g,
- 7 g,
- 411 mg.
BAJA-STYLE FISH TACOS
Pair it with: A spritzy white.
When it comes to matching wine with fried fish, look no further than a Portuguese vinho verde. The low alcohol and refreshing acidity lift the dish by accenting the delicate fish while cutting through the rich sour cream.
Our pick: Gazela Vinho Verde, Portugal, $9.