Italian fig and apricot preserveBy Chatelaine
Package this rich chutney with a wheel of soft cheese and a pretty cutting board. Add a finishing touch to the jam jars with a fabric square tied with twine and a stamped tag embellished with washi tape.
- 1/2 cup honey , (168 g)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup dry mustard powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups dried apricots , (332 g)
- 1 1/2 cups dried figs , halved (255 g)
- 1/2 cup dried cherries or cranberries , (82 g)
- 1/2 cup golden raisins , (75 g)
- COMBINE honey with water, mustard and salt in a medium saucepan over high. Boil, then stir in dried fruits. Cook until fruit is slightly softened, about 2 min. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- SPOON into 4 clean 250-mL Mason jars, then apply lids. Keeps well, refrigerated, for up to 1 week. Reheat on stovetop, or microwave for 1 min. Serve with cheese and crackers.
Nutrition (per tbsp)
- 9 g,
- 1 g,
- 10 mg.