Sesame-crusted Arctic char on soba noodlesBy Chatelaine
- 2 280-g skin-on Arctic char fillets , cut in half
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1/2 cup mixed black and white sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp minced ginger
- 1/2 tsp sriracha hot sauce
- 3 3-g bundles soba noodles
- 1 cup frozen edamame
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 1 tsp dark sesame oil
- BOIL a medium pot of water.
- SPRINKLE fillets with salt. Season with fresh pepper. Lightly coat flesh with 1 tbsp hoisin. Pour sesame seeds onto a large plate. Press fillets, flesh-side down, into seeds to cover.
- WHISK remaining 2 tbsp hoisin with vinegar, ginger and sriracha in a large bowl until combined.
- COOK soba and edamame in boiling water, until al dente, 4 min. Drain and rinse under cold water. Drain well, then toss with hoisin mixture until well coated.
- HEAT a large frying pan over medium-high. Add canola and sesame oil, then fillets, seed-side down. Cook until golden, flipping halfway through, 5 to 7 min.
- SERVE noodles with arctic char overtop.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 33 g,
- 14 g,
- 19 g,
- 5 g,
- 365 mg.
- Excellent source of