Chicken puttanescaBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
Dine with Italian ease and style tonight. This richly flavoured chicken and tomato pasta teases the taste buds with aromatic herbs, a hint of spice and sharp, nutty cheese.
- 2 tsp olive oil , divided
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts , thinly sliced
- 1/2 450-g pkg rigatoni pasta
- 1 garlic clove , minced
- 1/4 tsp hot-red-chili-flakes
- 796-mL can whole tomatoes
- 1/2 cup black olives , pitted and coarsley chopped
- 2 tbsp capers , coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan , optional
- HEAT an extra-large non-stick frying pan over medium-high. Add 1 tsp oil, then chicken. Sauté chicken until no pink remains, about 4 min. Transfer to a plate.
- HEAT remaining 1 tsp oil in pan. Add garlic and chili flakes and cook for 30 sec. Add tomatoes, breaking them up with a wooden spoon. Stir in olives and capers. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until sauce thickens, about 10 to 12 min.
- COOK pasta in a large pot of boiling water according to package directions, omitting salt, until tender, 8 to 10 min.
- DRAIN pasta, then stir into sauce with chicken and parsley. Toss to combine. Sprinkle with parmesan.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 28 g,
- 52 g,
- 7 g,
- 4 g,
- 583 mg.
- Excellent source of
- Vitamin C