Get our all-purpose baking mix recipe here (with three more recipe variations!).
Chicken pot pieBy Chatelaine
* PLUS Bake time: 15 - 20 minutes
Shortcuts like rotisserie chicken and our all-purpose baking mix make a hearty pot pie an easy weeknight meal.
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tbsp butter
- 2 carrots , cut into 1/4-in. coins
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 227-g pkg cremini mushrooms , quartered
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 rotisserie chicken , shredded
- 1 tbsp chopped dill
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose baking mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg , beaten
- HEAT a large ovenproof frying pan over medium-high. Add 1 tbsp butter, then carrots, red onion and mushrooms.
- COOK until mushrooms are tender, 3 to 4 min. Stir in 2 tbsp butter, then 2 tbsp all-purpose flour. Cook, stirring constantly for 30 sec. Add white wine and continue cooking, 2 to 3 min. Stir in chicken broth, then shredded chicken. Cook until thickened. Stir in dill.
- MIX 2 1/2 cups All-Purpose Baking Mix with 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed, and milk in a bowl until mixture comes together. Scrape onto a floured surface and roll out to 11 in. wide and 1/4 in. thick. Use a 3-in. cookie cutter to cut 8 rounds of dough, re-rolling scraps as needed. Place rounds over chicken mixture. Brush tops with egg.
- BAKE at 425F until golden, 15 to 20 min.