Cheese 'n' bacon canape
- 8 slices bacon
- 250 g old cheddar , grated, about 2 cups
- 250 g cream cheese , at room temperature
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 15 slices white bread
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C). Arrange bacon slices in a frying pan and set over medium-high heat. Cook bacon, turning once, until lightly browned and crisp, about 5 minutes. Transfer bacon to a plate lined with paper towels to absorb fat. Or place bacon on a paper-lined plate in microwave. Cover with more paper and microwave on high for 6 to 8 minutes.
- When cool enough to handle, crumble or chop bacon and place in a medium-size bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients, except bread.
- Cut crusts from bread. Spread slices with cheese mixture. Cut into quarters.
- Canapés can be frozen at this point, if you wish. To freeze, place uncooked canapés on a baking sheet. Place in freezer, uncovered, until frozen. Place in freezer bags and seal. When ready to use, bake frozen canapés in a preheated 375F (190C) oven for about 10 to 12 minutes, until piping hot and golden.
- To bake fresh canapés, arrange on a baking sheet. Bake in 400F (200C) oven until golden, about 8 to 10 minutes.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 2.3 g,
- 3.9 g,
- 3.9 g,