Baguette, cut into cubes; apples, sliced into wedges; cooked baby potatoes, halved; cooked or cured sausages, sliced.
Cheddar gruyere fondue
- 250-g pkg 1-year white cheddar , finely grated
- 225-g pkg gruyère , finely grated
- 5 tbsp all-purpose flour , divided
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 cups IPA beer , at room temperature
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- COMBINE cheeses in a large bowl. Sprinkle with 2 tbsp flour and dry mustard. Toss until well coated.
- MELT butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high. Sprinkle in remaining 3 tbsp flour. Boil, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon, until mixture is lightly browned, 2 to 3 min. Gradually pour in beer and Worcestershire sauce, stirring constantly, until mixture starts to come to a boil and is thick, 3 to 4 min. Reduce heat to medium-low. Gradually add cheese, a handful at a time, stirring constantly until cheese melts
completely after each addition. Mixture should be thick and very smooth. Scrape into a fondue pot. Serve with bread, apples, potatoes and sausages.
How to make it
Nutrition (per serving)
- 11 g,
- 4 g,
- 16 g,
- 204 mg.
- Good source of
- Vitamin B12