Packaged chicken strips, a boon to time-starved cooks, are a fast start for this pasta toss inspired by a creation by Thomas Woods, executive chef at Mauna Kea Beach Hotel in Hawaii.
Cajun chicken with fettuccine
- 1/2 450-g pkg fettuccine pasta
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 500 g chicken stir-fry strips , or skinless boneless breasts, cut into strips
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 green bell peppers , chopped
- 540-mL can tomatoes , drained, or 4 coarsely chopped plum tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped pepperoni , or chorizo sausage (optional)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente, about 8 minutes. Meanwhile, stir seasonings together and toss with chicken. Prepare all remaining ingredients.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan set over medium-high heat. Add chicken and stir-fry until it loses its pink colour, about 4 minutes. Add peppers, tomatoes and pepperoni, if using. Stir often for 5 minutes. Remove pan from heat and stir in sour cream. Toss with cooked pasta.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 35.2 g,
- 51.5 g,
- 14.1 g,
- 4.3 g,
- 371 mg.