Artichoke and lemon pasta for dinner tonightBy Chatelaine
A simple summer pasta, ready in just 20 minutes. Pair it with a crisp and fruity white wine.
- 1/2 450-g pkg angel hair pasta
- 398-mL can artichoke hearts , drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp garlic butter
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan
- COOK pasta in a large pot of boiling water, until al dente, 3 to 4 min. Drain.
- SLICE each artichoke into 6 or 8 wedges. Melt butter in a large frying pan over medium-high. Add artichokes and parsley. Cook until heated, 2 min. Stir in pasta, lemon zest and parmesan.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 16 g,
- 55 g,
- 11 g,
- 7 g,
- 483 mg.
Lemony herbed pasta. Pair it with: A fruity Italian white.
Artichokes are a notoriously difficult vegetable to complement, but this little gem from central Italy is a perfect match. Its aromas of pear, apricot and honey are followed by a crisp hint of peach and toasted almonds. Our pick: Il Poggiarello Perticato Beatrice Quadri Malvasia, Italy, $16.