Chocolate-mint ice cream gets a flavour kick from crème de menthe liqueur. The result is so refreshing you’ll have trouble stopping at one slice.
This article has not been rated yet.
- 2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs , about 40 to 50 chocolate wafer cookies
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 5 cups chocolate-mint ice cream
- 1/4 cup crème de menthe
- 6 mint chocolates , such as After Eight (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425F (220C). Place wafer crumbs in a large bowl, then stir in butter until evenly moist. Firmly press over bottom and up sides of a 9-in. (23-cm) pie plate. Bake in centre of oven until firm, 5 to 7 min. Place in freezer to cool, about 20 min.
- When crust is cool, place ice cream in a large bowl. Cut into small chunks. Stir in liqueur as best you can. It’s okay if ice cream is lumpy, but don’t let it melt completely or pie will lose volume. (Mixture should resemble a very thick milkshake.) Spoon into cooled crust and spread evenly. Tightly cover with plastic wrap and freeze until firm, at least 4 hours. (Overwrap with foil if freezing for longer than overnight. Can be frozen for up to one week.)
- For easy serving, place pie on counter and uncover. Let sit for about 10 min, just until you can slice. Cut mints diagonally in half, then stick into pie and sprinkle with more wafer crumbs, if you wish.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 3.4 g,
- 30.5 g,
- 15.9 g,
- 147 mg.