Kitchen Tip: If you don’t have fresh corn, use 1 cup frozen.
Southwest corn and bean dipBy Chatelaine
2 hrs 10 min
A new way to make use of your slow cooker that's perfect for your next game night or backyard barbecue.
- 250-g pkg cream cheese , softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded jalapeño cheddar , divided
- 1 cup canned black beans , drained and rinsed
- 2 ears of corn , kernels removed (about 1 cup)
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions , (about 2)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- WHISK cream cheese and sour cream in a slow cooker insert until almost smooth. Stir in 1-1/2 cups of the shredded cheese, beans, corn, chili powder and garlic powder.
- PLACE a clean tea towel, folded in half, between the pot and the lid of the slow cooker to absorb moisture. Cover and cook on low, until cheese is melted and dip is warmed through, about 2 hr. Stir, then transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with remaining ½ cup cheese, onions and cilantro.
Chatelaine Quickies: Summer corn pasta salad
Nutrition (per ¼ cup)
- 9 g,
- 8 g,
- 16 g,
- 2 g,
- 253 mg.
- Good source of
- Vitamin A