Dipping plump juicy shrimp into bottled cocktail sauce is a holiday party tradition for many of us. For a delicious twist on this classic appetizer, purée fresh mango into the sauce to add fruity flavour. It’s a terrific match with the shrimp.
Mango cocktail sauce
This sunny versatile sauce has a marvelous tropical flavour. Here are other delicious ways to use it:
* sauce for sautéed chicken breasts
* dip for spring rolls or french fries
* over cooked mussels on the half-shell for an elegant appetizer
* on open-face turkey sandwiches
* mixed into canned tuna for sandwich filling
* stirred with cream cheese and drained canned crab for a dip
Prepare shrimp, but do not add coriander. Prepare sauce. Cover and refrigerate both overnight. Toss shrimp with coriander just before serving.