Marinated olives and bocconciniBy Chatelaine
- 1 1/2 cups mixed olives , drained
- 1 200-g pkg mini bocconcini , drained
- 5 strips orange peel , (about 3 in. long)
- 2 tbsp fresh orange juice
- 1 tsp fennel seeds , lightly crushed
- 1 tsp coriander seeds , lightly crushed
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves , smashed
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1/2 tsp hot-red-chili-flakes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- RINSE olives and bocconcini in a colander under running water. Dry, then transfer to a bowl. Add orange peel and juice.
- TOAST fennel and coriander seeds in a medium saucepan over medium, stirring occasionally, until seeds are fragrant, 3 min. Add oil, garlic, rosemary, hot-pepper flakes and salt and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and cook until garlic starts to brown, 4 to 5 min.
- REMOVE from heat and pour over olive mixture. Let sit at room temperature 2 hr. Serve or refrigerate up to 1 week. Bring to room temperature before serving.
Chatelaine Quickies: Buffalo cauliflower
Nutrition (per serving)
- 5 g,
- 2 g,
- 13 g,
- 1 g,
- 424 mg.