Josée di Stasio’s Olive-oil crackers
This article has not been rated yet.
* PLUS Refrigeration Time: 60 minutes, Baking Time: 6 minutes
“Delicious on their own, or topped with cheese or pâté.” This recipe has not been tested by the Chatelaine Test Kitchen.
1 2/3 cups
, preferably unbleached
, or fleur de sel
, celery seed, or sesame seeds
- In a measuring cup, stir water with 2 tbsp (30 mL) oil.
- Place dry ingredients in a food processor. Pulse until blended. Add water-oil mixture. Pulse just until dough forms a ball. Add a little more water if needed. Cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C). On a floured surface, divide dough into balls, each about 1 tbsp (15 mL). Keep balls under an overturned bowl to keep them from drying out.
- Remove 6 balls from under the bowl. Using a floured rolling pin, roll each ball as thin as possible (they’ll have irregular shapes). Place 5 or 6 rolled-out dough pieces on a large ungreased baking sheet. Brush each lightly with oil, then sprinkle with salt and rosemary. Bake until dry and golden, from 6 to 7 min. Repeat with remaining dough.