Updated Sep 8, 2016Chatelaine
flaked sea salt, such as Maldon
2 1/2 cups
- POUR water into bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook. Stir in yeast and sugar. Let stand until frothy, about 10 min.
- BEAT in 1/4 cup oil and 1 tsp salt at medium speed for 1 min. Gradually beat in flour until dough forms a smooth ball, 3 to 4 min.
- SPRAY a medium bowl with oil. Transfer dough to bowl. Lightly spray top of dough with oil and cover with a damp tea towel (not terry cloth). Let stand in a warm place until dough doubles in size, about 1 hour.
- PREHEAT oven to 400F. Toss onions with garlic and 1 tbsp oil on a baking sheet until coated. Bake in centre of oven, flipping halfway through, until soft, 20 to 25 min. Let cool.
- OIL a 12 × 16-in. baking sheet and line with parchment. Roll out dough on a floured surface to a 12 × 16-in. rectangle. Transfer to prepared sheet, pressing down to fill entire sheet.
- BRUSH with remaining 2 tbsp oil, then sprinkle evenly with onions, garlic, figs, goat cheese, rosemary and 1 tsp salt. Cover with same damp tea towel and let stand, 20 more min.
- BAKE in centre of oven until golden, 30 min.
NutritionCalories 336, Protein 9 g, Carbohydrates 38 g, Fat 17 g, Fibre 3 g, Sodium 328 mg. Good source of Iron
On peeling garlic: