This is the salad version of all the accompaniments that go with hot ‘n’ fiery Buffalo chicken wings. The usual refreshing carrot and celery stick nibbles have become the attractive garnish for good ol’ crunchy iceberg lettuce wedges. And the blue cheese dip that we always douse the wings with becomes a satisfying dressing.
Blue Cheese Dress-Ups
Here are some favourite ways to use blue cheese dressing.
* Slice a large potato in half. Lightly oil and bake potato at 400F (200C) 30 minutes. Generously spread with chunky dressing and continue baking 15 to 20 minutes.
* Spread dressing over roast beef sandwiches in place of butter.
* Add a couple of spoonfuls of dressing to ground beef before forming into burgers.
* After removing steaks from the grill, drizzle dressing overtop.
* Blue cheese dressing makes an instant dip for cucumber spears, chicken wings, sweet pepper strips, bread sticks and pretzels.
* Toss a little dressing with hot green beans or green peas.
* Drizzle dressing over hot cooked cauliflower or broccoli.
* Stir a tablespoon or two (15 to 30 mL) into store-bought alfredo sauce and toss with pasta.