Shopping Tip: Chinese broccoli is also called gai lan.
Sweet and spicy glazed salmon with greens
- 4 skin-on salmon fillets , each about 180 g and 1 inch thick
- 1/4 cup red-pepper jelly
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 to 2 tsp hot chili-garlic sauce
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 large bunch Chinese broccoli , about 600g, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Position an oven rack in top third of oven. Preheat broiler to 500F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil. Lightly spray with oil. Place salmon skin-side down on foil.
- Stir red-pepper jelly with Dijon and chili-garlic sauce in a small bowl until combined. Set aside 2 tbsp of sauce. Spread remaining mixture (about 1 tbsp each) over fillets.
- Broil in top third of oven until a knife tip inserted in centre of fish and held for 10 sec comes out warm, about 8 to 11 min.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-high. Add oil, then gai lan. Add 1/4 cup water. Sprinkle with salt and season with fresh pepper. Cover and cook, stirring once or twice, until tender-crisp, about 3 to 5 min. Remove from heat. As soon as salmon is removed from oven, brush it with remaining red-pepper-jelly mixture. Place salmon on plates with gai lan. Serve with rice.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 30 g,
- 21 g,
- 18 g,
- 4 g,
- 342 mg.