This article has not been rated yet.
2 cups (500 mL)
- 250 g container spreadable cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp Tabasco sauce , optional
- 250 g smoked-trout fillets , or lemon-peppered smoked trout
- 2 green onions
- 1 whole roasted red pepper , store-bought or home roasted
- Place cream cheese and Tabasco, if using, in a medium-size bowl. Stir with a wooden spoon until softened. Coarsely flake trout overtop. Using a fork or your hands, gently work trout into cheese until evenly distributed, keeping mixture as chunky as possible. Thinly slice onions and finely dice pepper. Gently stir half of onions and all of pepper into trout mixture. Scrape mixture into a serving dish and sprinkle with remaining onions. If making ahead, cover dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate up to 1 day. Let stand at room temperature for about 30 minutes before serving. Serve with fancy crackers or baguette slices. Or for an elegant presentation, spoon about 1 tbsp (15 mL) mixture into endive leaves or hollowed-out cucumber slices, then garnish with dill.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 2.1 g,
- 0.5 g,
- 3.2 g,
- 0.1 g,
- 37 mg.