Shrimp summer roll saladBy Chatelaine
Ready in just 30 minutes, this shrimp salad is perfect for weeknight barbecuing (and better than take-out!).
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 tsp hot-red-chili-flakes
- 2 cups thinly sliced carrots
- 2 cups thinly sliced radishes
- 250-g mung bean vermicelli noodles
- 3 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 16 peeled raw shrimp
- 2 tsp canola oil
- fresh pepper
- 1 lime lime , cut into wedges
- PREHEAT barbecue to medium. Whisk granulated sugar with lime juice, fish sauce, garlic and hot-red-chili flakes in a large bowl. Stir in carrots and radishes.
- COVER vermicelli noodles with boiling water in a medium bowl. Let stand, stirring occasionally, until tender, 5 to 7 min. Drain and rinse with cold water. Squeeze excess water from noodles. Cut noodles with clean scissors a few times to shorten them. Add to carrots and radishes, along with iceberg lettuce and mint leaves.
- TOSS shrimp with canola oil in a medium bowl. Season with fresh pepper. Oil grill. Barbecue shrimp until pink, about 2 min per side. Serve with salad and lime wedges.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 28 g,
- 80 g,
- 5 g,
- 4 g,
- 1656 mg.
- Excellent source of