Zesty shrimp skewers
- 8 wooden skewers
- 450-g pkg frozen raw shrimp , thawed and peeled
- 8 shallots , peeled, halved crosswise
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp lime zest
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Soak skewers in warm water for 20 min.
- Preheat barbecue to medium. Pat shrimp dry. Combine shrimp with shallots, oil, lime zest and salt in a medium bowl. Thread onto skewers, alternating shrimp and shallots.
- Oil grill, then barbecue skewers, with lid open, until shrimp are pink and firm, 2 to 3 min per side. Serve with Thai mango salad.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 23 g,
- 4 g,
- 5 g,
- 1 g,
- 241 mg.
Pair it with: A fruity New World white.
Sémillon sauvignon blancs, an Australian specialty, are the go-to wines for the region’s Pacific Rim cuisine. The fruit character is fresh and vibrant, a great match with the exotic mango and shrimp.
Our pick: 2010 Devil’s Lair Fifth Leg Semillon Sauvignon Blanc, Australia, $16.