Broiled Steak And Spring Kale Caesar SaladBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
We levelled up this meal-in-a-bowl salad with broiled steak, then a classic caesar dressing, and added asparagus, kale, and radishes.
- 3 tbsp Montreal steak spice , wet rub, such as Club House
- 3 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 beef strip loin steak , each 300 g and 1 in. thick, at room temperature
- 1 bunch asparagus , ends trimmed
- 8 cups chopped kale leaves , about 1 large bunch
- 2 watermelon radish , thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp anchovy , paste
- 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- Position rack in top third of oven and preheat broiler. Set a wire rack on a baking sheet.
- Stir spice rub and hoisin in a small bowl. Spread all over steaks. Place steaks on 1 side of wire rack. Arrange asparagus in single layer on other side.
- Broil until asparagus is tender andthere is slight resistance on steaks when pressed with your finger, 3 to 4 min per side. Transfer to a cutting board.
- Wash kale and squeeze dry. Transfer to a large bowl. Cut asparagus into 2-in. pieces. Add to bowl along with radishes.
- Dressing: Whisk oil with cheese, lemon juice, garlic, mayo, Dijon, anchovy paste and sugar in a medium bowl. Season with pepper. Drizzle over salad. Toss to coat. Transfer to platter.
- Thinly slice steak. Serve over salad.