Kitchen Tip: Buying a pork roast with 4 ribs will make it easier to serve.
Rack of pork ribs with red sauerkrautBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
1 h 55 min
Save money on a tasty, yet less familiar cut of meat. This hidden gems (and our easy recipe) will save you money and delight your guests!
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp salt
- 1.5 kg pork rib roast , untrimmed
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 8 slices bacon , chopped
- 1 red onion , thinly sliced
- 1/2 head red cabbage , thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp caraway seeds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- PREHEAT oven to 375F. Combine coriander with salt in a small bowl. Rub all over pork. Season with fresh pepper. Heat a large oven-safe frying pan over medium-high. Add oil, then pork, fat-side down. Turn occasionally, until brown all over, 4 min. Transfer pan to oven. Roast in centre of oven until a thermometer inserted into thickest part of roast reads 140F, about 1 1/2 hours.
- HEAT a large pot over medium-high. Add bacon and cook until crisp, 5 min. Discard all but 1 tbsp fat. Stir in onion, then cabbage, water, vinegar, brown sugar, caraway seeds and salt. Season with fresh pepper. Boil, then reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, covered, until cabbage is tender, about 30 min.
- TRANSFER roast to a cutting board. Cover with foil and let stand, 20 min. Slice into 4 portions and serve with sauerkraut.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 56 g,
- 32 g,
- 31 g,
- 5 g,
- 1255 mg.