Lemon-herb roast leg of lamb
* PLUS Roasting Time: 90 minutes, Standing Time: 20 minutes
Simple ingredients add just the right amount of flavour to this tender roast.
zest of 1
- Preheat oven to 450F. Combine garlic, parsley, thyme, olive oil, anchovy, zest and salt in a food processor (or with mortar and pestle) and mix until it forms a paste. Scrape down sides of bowl as needed.
- Slice 12 to 18 deep slits all over the leg meat using a sharp paring knife. Then use a chopstick or fingers to gently press the herb paste into the slits. Try to use all the paste. Rub any remaining paste over lamb. Season outside of lamb with pepper. Place on a rack in a roasting pan and roast 10 min.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350F and roast lamb another hour and 20 min or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meat (do not touch the bone) registers 130F for medium rare.
- Remove from oven, transfer to cutting board, cover loosely with foil and let rest 20 min before carving. Temperature will reach 140F to 145F.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 38 g,
- 1 g,
- 13 g,
- 663 mg.
Kitchen Tip: Resting the roast after it comes out of the oven is a critical step; it makes the meat juicy and tender.