Add some Spanish flair to your burgers with chopped olives, paprika and a hint of tart marmalade. Look for marmalade made with Seville oranges from southern Spain.
The burger of Seville
- 1 egg
- 1 green onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped, pimento-stuffed olives
- 2 tbsp orange marmalade
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp bottled chopped garlic , or 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 500 g lean or medium ground beef
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tsp orange marmalade
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- Tangy Spanish Salsa , see link below
- Lightly oil grill and heat barbecue to medium. In a large bowl, whisk egg. Thinly slice green onion. Finely chop olives. Stir both into egg along with 2 tbsp (30 mL) marmalade, paprika, garlic, salt and pepper. Crumble in beef. Using your hands or a large wooden spoon, mix just until all ingredients are evenly distributed. Shape into 4 burgers, each about 3/4 inch (2 cm) thick. Grill with lid closed until burgers are firm when pressed and well done, 6 to 8 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir mayonnaise with 1 tsp (5 mL) marmalade and coriander. When burgers are done, place on plates or in buns and add dollops of mayonnaise mixture. Then top with our Tangy Spanish Salsa.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 23 g,
- 8.1 g,
- 13 g,
- 0.5 g,
- 589 mg.