Kitchen Tip: We used the Westmark spiral Vegetable & Fruit Slicer to make our zucchini noodles. No spiralizer? Use a vegetable peeler to peel long strips from zucchini, rotating while peeling. Stop before reaching the seedy core. Use kitchen scissors to cut strips into manageable lengths.
Pesto and zucchini noodles pastaBy Chatelaine
- 2 large zucchini , spiralled into noodle shape (6 cups)
- 2 cups packed cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted pepitas
- 1 serrano pepper , seeded and chopped
- 1 garlic clove , chopped
- 2 tbsp white-wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup ricotta or crumbled feta
- parmesan , (optional)
- PLACE zucchini spirals between 2 kitchen towels to absorb excess liquid, then transfer to a large bowl.
- PULSE cilantro, onion, pepitas, pepper, garlic and vinegar in a food processor until finely chopped. Add salt and pepper. With motor running, slowly add oil, stopping after every couple of tbsp to scrape down sides with a spatula.
- STIR pesto into zucchini until well coated. Sprinkle with feta, then divide among 4 plates and top with shaved parmesan.
Chatelaine Quickies: How to make zucchini-feta cakes
[bc_video video_id=”5012907625001″ account_id=”10190175001″ player_id=”r1zRQqV3″]
Nutrition (per serving)
- 8 g,
- 7 g,
- 36 g,
- 2 g,
- 331 mg.
- Excellent source of
- vitamin A