Serve with our astounding eggs benedict.
Drive-thru hash browns recipeBy Chatelaine
Love hash browns? We've remade them into a healthier version that you can enjoy, guilt-free.
- 2 large Yukon Gold potatoes , skin on, about 500 g
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tsp canola oil
- POSITION oven rack in top third of oven. Preheat to 425F.
- WHIRL potatoes in a food processor until finely chopped. Transfer onto a clean tea towel and squeeze out any excess liquid. Scoop into a medium bowl. Stir in flaxseed and salt until combined. Let stand for 10 min.
- POUR panko into a shallow bowl. Drizzle in oil and stir until panko is coated. Divide potato mixture into 8 portions. Form each into a patty about 1/4-in. thick. Sprinkle 1 side with panko and gently press. Repeat with other side and arrange on a baking sheet. Repeat with remaining patties and panko.
- BAKE in top third of oven until golden, flipping halfway through, 20 to 22 min.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 3 g,
- 27 g,
- 2 g,
- 3 g,
- 161 mg.
- Good source of
- Vitamin B6